Hands-on time: 30 minutes
Hands-off time: 4 hours
3 bags (150g each) Beacon mmmMallows Pink & White Mallows
2½ cup cream
2 boxes (80g each) raspberry flavoured jelly powder
6 cups store-bought vanilla cake, cubed
2 packets (75g each) Beacon Maynards Jelly Teddies
2 packets (41g each) Beacon Jelly Tots Original
1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, add all the Beacon mmmMallows Pink & White Mallows, ½ cup of cream and ½ cup water. Microwave for 4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until the mixture is melted and smooth.
2. Place plastic wrap directly onto the marshmallow mixture in the bowl to prevent a skin from forming and refrigerate for 1 hour until slightly thickened.
3. Using an electric beater, whip the remaining 2 cups of cream for 2-3 minutes until medium peaks.
4. Remove the cooled marshmallow mixture a whisk until the mixture is smooth. Add ⅓ of the whipped cream into the marshmallow mixture and whisk until fully incorporated. Gently fold in the remaining ⅔ of whipped cream into the mixture until a light and fluffy mousse has formed. Set aside until needed.
5. Add the jelly powder and 2 cups of boiling water to a bowl and stir until the powder has dissolved. Add 2 cup of cold water and mix before setting aside to cool at room temperature. *Chef’s Tip: Use your favourite jelly flavour!
6. In a large trifle bowl, add a layer of cake to the base. Sprinkle 1 packet of Beacon Maynards Jelly Teddies over the cake, followed by half of the mousse mixture. Slowly add half of the cooled jelly mixture, ensuring not to disturb the mousse layer. Allow the layers to partially set in the fridge for 1 hour. *Chef’s Tip: Alternatively, layer the trifle in a large clear dessert bowl!
7. Remove the bowl from the fridge and continue layering the remaining cake, 1 packet of Beacon Jelly Tots Original, the remaining mousse and jelly mixture and place the trifle back into the fridge to set for 2 hours.
8. Once the trifle has set, decorate beautifully with whipped cream, freshly sliced strawberries and the remaining packets of jelly teddies and jelly tots. Grate white chocolate over the trifle, serve and ENJOY!