Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 6 hours – overnight
2 packets (200g each) Pick n Pay Crunchy Ginger Biscuits
1 cup (227g) butter, melted
2 tubs (230g) cream cheese
2 large Pick n Pay Greengrocer Lemons
½ cup (60g) icing sugar
1 cup (250ml) fresh cream
Store-bought lemon curd
Fresh mint sprigs
1. Line a 32x24cm baking dish with baking paper.
2. Add the Pick n Pay Crunchy Ginger Biscuits to a resealable bag. Use a rolling pin to crush the biscuits into a fine crumb.
3. Pour the crushed biscuits and melted butter into the prepared baking dish. Mix until well combined. Use the back of a measuring cup or the bottom of a glass to smoothen and flatten the biscuits into a base. Refrigerate the biscuit base until needed.
4. Add the cream cheese to a large mixing bowl. Use an electric beater to beat until smooth and creamy. *Chef’s Tip: Softening the cream cheese makes it easier to incorporate the lemon juice.
5. Add the zest and juice of the Pick n Pay Greengrocer Lemons and the icing sugar to the cream cheese. Beat until smooth and creamy. *Chef’s Tip: PnP berries can also be used!
6. Add the fresh cream to a large mixing bowl. Whisk until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
7. Pour the cheesecake mixture onto the prepared biscuit base. Use the back of the spoon to smoothen the top. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight for the best result.
8. Remove the set cheesecake from the dish and cut it into even-sized bars. Garnish the tops with store-bought lemon curd and mint leaves. Serve and ENJOY!