CREAMIEST CHEESE PUFFS
Hands-on time: 40 minutes
Hands-off time: 1 hour 15 minutes
¾ cup (94.5g) grated cheddar cheese
2 tbsp corn starch
1 tin (380g) NESTLÉ Ideal Evaporated Milk
¼ tsp each salt and pepper, to season
⅔ roll (267g) puff pastry, thawed
Serving suggestion: Chopped parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a small pot, combine the grated cheese with the corn starch to coat. *Chef’s Tip: Tossing the cheese in corn starch prevents a lumpy sauce!
3. Reserve 3 tablespoons of the NESTLÉ Ideal Evaporated Milk and add the rest to the pot.
4. Bring the mixture up to a simmer and cook over low heat for 3-5 minutes while whisking often until the cheese has melted. Season to taste with the salt and pepper. Spoon into a bowl and set aside to cool for 20 minutes. *Chef’s Tip: The sauce will thicken as it cools.
5. Lay the pastry out on a clean surface and using a rolling pin, roll it out to a thickness of ¼ cm. Using a small glass with a 5cm diameter, cut out 32 rounds. Re-roll the pastry, if needed.
6. Divide the filling between the pastry rounds by adding a teaspoon of filling to the centre of each.
7. Fold one half of the pastry over the other half to form a halfmoon. Seal the edges all around with a fork. Repeat with the rest of the pastries.
8. Transfer the pastries to the lined baking tray and brush them with the remaining evaporated milk. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before baking.
9. Bake for 15 minutes until puffed and golden. Transfer the cheese puffs to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
10.Serve the cheese puffs garnished with chopped parsley and ENJOY!
5-INGREDIENT CONDENSED MILK CAKE
Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 45 minutes
1 tin (385g) NESTLÉ Full Cream Sweetened Condensed Milk
4 large eggs
4 tbsp margarine, melted
1¼ cups cake flour
½ tsp baking powder
Icing sugar for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C and grease a medium rectangular baking dish (26cm x 20cm) with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Combine the NESTLÉ Full Cream Sweetened Condensed Milk, eggs and margarine in a large mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
3. Sieve in the flour and baking powder and whisk to combine.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 15-25 minutes until golden and cooked through. *Chef’s Tip: A toothpick that comes out clean when inserted means it is done!
5. Transfer the dish to a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes.
6. Dust the cake with icing sugar, if using.
7. Cut the cake into portions. Serve each portion topped with some fresh berries and ENJOY! *Chef’s Tip: Use any of your favourite fruit as a topping!
CREAMY TOMATO CHICKEN BAKE
Hands-on time: 30 minutes
Hands-off time: 25 minutes
12 lasagne sheets
1 tsp margarine
3 chicken breasts, diced
1½ punnets (375g) white button mushrooms, chopped
½ tsp each salt and pepper, to season
3 spring onions, thinly sliced
½ tin (145g) NESTLÉ Dessert & Cooking Cream
1 tin (410g) tomato purée
1 tsp Italian herbs
¼ cup (31g) grated cheddar cheese
Fresh basil leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a square baking dish (26cm) with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Cook the lasagne sheets in batches for 5-6 minutes until al dente. Drain the lasagne sheets. *Chef’s Tip: Drizzle the lasagne sheets with oil to stop them from sticking!
3. Heat the margarine in a large pan over high heat. Add the chicken and fry for 4-5 minutes until browned.
4. Add the mushrooms and fry for 2-3 minutes until tender. Drain the extra liquid from the cooked chicken and mushrooms and season with the salt and pepper to taste.
5. Remove the chicken and mushroom mixture from the heat. Stir in the spring onions and 2 tablespoons of NESTLÉ Dessert & Cooking Cream
6. Place a lasagne sheet on a clean surface and place ½ cup of the filling at the bottom of the pasta. Roll it up. Repeat with all 12 lasagne sheets.
7. Arrange the roll-ups in the baking dish.
8. Combine the remaining NESTLÉ Dessert & Cooking Cream, tinned tomato puree and Italian herbs and stir until smooth. Pour the mixture over the pasta.
9. Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake for 15-25 minutes until golden and cooked through.
10. Garnish the roll-ups with fresh basil leaves and serve with a mixed salad and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍