Makes 12 cups
Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 15 minutes
12 slices SASKO Premium Slices White Bread
1 cup tomato sauce, plus extra to serve
5 vienna sausages
¼ bag (250g) skinny cut potato chips, frozen
¾ cup (190g) grated cheddar cheese
Fresh parsley, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a 12-hole muffin tray with non-stick spray.
2. Cut the slices of SASKO Premium White Bread in half diagonally. Lay 2 cut slices of bread into each of the muffin holes in a criss-cross formation, and press down firmly using your fingers. *Chef’s Tip: Ensure there are no holes or gaps.
3. Spoon a tablespoon of tomato sauce into the bottom of all the muffin holes.
4. Cut each vienna sausage into five pieces and then slice each piece diagonally in half. Arrange the pieces tightly in the bread cups.
5. Add a couple of chips over the viennas in the cups. *Chef’s Tip: If the chips are too long, cut them in half.
6. Sprinkle a tablespoon of grated cheese over each muffin cup and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the chips are crispy and the cheese has melted.
7. Remove the tray from the oven and allow the cups to cool slightly before removing from the muffin tray.
8. Garnish with parsley. Serve with extra tomato sauce and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍