Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 40 minutes
INGREDIENTS 7 (590g) large ripe bananas, peeled
1 cup smooth peanut butter
½ cup NESTLÉ Cocoa Powder, plus extra for the garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C and line a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper. Grease the paper with non-stick spray.
2. In a large bowl add 6 of the bananas and mash with a fork until a creamy texture is achieved. Cut the remaining banana into thin slices and set aside.
3. Add the peanut butter and stir together until well combined.
4. Sieve the NESTLÉ Cocoa Powder into the bowl. Gently fold the cocoa powder into the banana-peanut butter mixture until well combined.
5. Spoon the batter into the prepared tin, arranging the sliced banana on top, 2-3 cm apart. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the banana bread comes out clean. *Chef’s Tip: The banana bread is baked when the centre of the pan does not jiggle.
6. Allow the banana bread to cool completely before removing it from the baking tin. *Chef’s Tip: Refrigerate for 20 minutes once slightly cooled to speed up the process.
7. Cut the banana bread into even-sized portions and transfer to a serving platter. *Chef’s Tip: This banana bread is a lovely, fudgy texture!
8. To serve, garnish with a light dusting of cocoa powder and some fresh strawberries. Serve and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍