Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 60 minutes
3 cups Kellogg’s® All-Bran Fruit & Oats Crunch
1 cup (227g) peanut butter
½ cup honey
2 slabs (250g) dark chocolate
1. Line a square 23cm baking dish with baking paper.
2. Add the Kellogg’s® All-Bran Fruit & Oats Crunch to a resealable bag. Use a rolling pin to crush them into a large crumble and ensure the crumble is not too fine. Kellogg’s® All-Bran Flakes can be used if preferred. *Chef’s Tip: If you’re using the last of the All-Bran Fruit and Oats, crush directly in Kellogg’s packet.
3. Add the peanut butter and honey to a microwave-safe bowl.
4. Heat the mixture for 1 minute, stirring in 20-second intervals or until the mixture is melted, smooth and velvety. *Chef’s Tip: We used a 1000 Watt microwave.
5. Add the Kellogg’s® All-Bran Fruit & Oats to the peanut butter mixture and fold until evenly coated. *Chef’s Tip: Nuts and dried fruit can be added here for extra flavour!
6. Transfer the mixture to the lined baking dish. Flatten the top using the back of the spoon before setting the dish aside.
7. Add the chocolate to the same microwave-safe bowl used before and heat the chocolate until smooth and melted through or for about 20-30 seconds, stirring in 10-second intervals. *Chef’s Tip: Milk or white chocolate can be used if preferred.
8. Pour the melted chocolate over the prepared bran base and smoothen the top with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle a thin layer of desiccated coconut if using. Place the slab into the fridge to set for 40-60 minutes or until firm to the touch.
9. Lift the slab out of the baking dish using the paper to help. Cut the slab into even-sized squares. The cut bars can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Serve on a platter and ENJOY! *Chef’s Tip: These delicious bars are a great way to increase your fibre intake!