3 medium bananas, overripe
½ tin (192g) condensed milk
1 cup self-raising flour
½ cup (140g) Nutella Ferrero Chocolate Spread
¼ cup chopped hazelnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C and grease a 12-hole muffin tray with non-stick spray.
2. Cut a sheet of foil into 12 squares that are 12x12cm in size. Place the foil over your index finger, press it down to wrap the centre of the foil around your finger, and bring up the sides to form a doughnut-like shape. Carefully remove the foil from your finger and press it into each hole in the muffin tray with the high centre poking up. Spray a light layer of non-stick spray in the foil moulds and set the tray aside.
3. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, lightly mash the bananas with a fork until smooth. *Chef’s Tip: If your bananas are underripe, place them on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes at 180˚C until blackened on the outside and soft on the inside.
4. Pour in the condensed milk and mix until combined.
5. Sieve the self-raising flour over the banana mixture and fold through until just combined. Pour the batter into an empty zip seal bag and snip off the bottom corner. Pipe the batter evenly between the hacky doughnut moulds and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. *Chef’s Tip: Poke a skewer into the doughnut. If it comes out clean, the doughnuts are ready!
6. Allow the doughnuts to cool in the tray for 5 minutes before carefully lifting each up, using the highest point of the foil to assist. Carefully remove the foil from the doughnuts and place them on a cooling rack.
7. Using a small spreading knife, spread the Nutella Ferrero Chocolate Spread onto the top of the doughnuts.
8. Sprinkle the chopped hazelnuts on top of the doughnuts and allow to set for 10 minutes.
9. Serve the doughnuts on a plate and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍