Makes 12 Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Hands-off time: 25 minutes
1 pack (6) SPAR Freshline Large White Wraps
1½ cups shredded rotisserie chicken (Barbeque)
½ cup canned black beans
⅓ cup barbeque sauce
¾ cup grated cheddar cheese
12 medium eggs
¾ tsp each salt and pepper
2 SPAR Freshline Avocados
½ lemon, juiced
¼ cup diced SPAR Freshline Red Pepper
¼ cup chopped SPAR Freshline Coriander, plus extra sprigs for the garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a 12-hole muffin tray with non-stick spray.
2. Place the SPAR Freshline Large White Wraps on top of each other and cut them into quarters. Press two quarters into a muffin hole, folding in to create a cup.
3. Par-bake the cups in the oven for 7 minutes to lightly brown. Carefully remove the tray from the oven using oven mitts.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the shredded chicken and black beans with the barbeque sauce.
5. To each muffin tin cup, add 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture. Top with a layer of cheese, about 1 tablespoon per cup. Crack an egg over the cheese layer and season the eggs with salt and pepper.
6. Bake the cups in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your preference. Remove from the oven, allow to cool for about 5 minutes and transfer the cups to a serving platter.
7. To make the guacamole, scoop the SPAR Freshline Avocados into a bowl. Squeeze the lemon juice over the mashed avocado. *Chef’s Tip: Adding lemon juice to the avocado helps preserve it for longer and delays it browning!
8. Mash the avocado using a fork until creamy. Add the SPAR Freshline Red Pepper and SPAR Freshline Coriander and stir to combine. Season with remaining salt and pepper to taste.
9. Spoon the prepared guacamole over the top of the cups, top each with ½ teaspoon of sour cream and fresh coriander sprigs.
10. Serve immediately and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍