Serves 16 Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 25 minutes
5 large (130g each unpeeled) ripe bananas, peeled
2 large eggs
½ cup NESTLÉ Cocoa Powder, plus extra for dusting
1 cup self-raising flour
1½ tsp baking powder
Serving suggestion: Low-fat plain yoghurt
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper that is overlapping on the sides of the tin.
2. In a large mixing bowl add the bananas and use a fork to mash them until soft.
3. Add the eggs to the mashed bananas and whisk to combine.
4. Sieve the NESTLÉ Cocoa Powder, flour and baking powder into a medium-sized bowl.
5. Use a spatula to gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
6. Spoon the chocolate batter into the prepared tin, smooth the top and bake for 25-30 minutes or until slightly risen and the top bounces back when gently pressed. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
7. Cut the flapjack bake into 16 portions.
8. Serve a slice of the flapjack bake with a spoonful of plain yoghurt and garnish with a drizzle of honey and a dusting of cocoa powder. Serve alongside fresh berries and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍