Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 50 minutes
1½ cups Kellogg’s® Corn Flakes
1 cup (125g) cake flour, sieved
½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
¾ cup (75g) desiccated coconut
¾ cup (170g) butter, melted
1 cup (121g) icing sugar
Serving suggestion: Toasted desiccated coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC on fan-assist, line a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper, and lightly grease the base and sides.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the Kellogg’s® Corn Flakes, flour, granulated sugar, coconut and melted butter and stir until well combined and a sticky mixture has formed. *Chef’s Tip: If preferred, use Kellogg's All Bran Flakes as a fibre alternative!
3. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking tin and use the back of a spoon to carefully press the mixture firmly into the tin.
4. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through and the top has turned a light golden brown colour. *Chef’s Tip: Make these squares for the perfect bake sale treat!
5. While the mixture is baking, make a simple glaze to add on top. Sieve and add the icing sugar to a mixing bowl along with 2-3 tablespoons of water. Whisk the ingredients until a smooth and silky glaze has formed.
6. Once baked, allow to cool completely for about 30 minutes.
7. Top with the glaze and spread it evenly over the surface. Sprinkle the toasted desiccated coconut over the glaze to garnish, if using.
8. Cut the treats into even-sized squares. Serve on a platter or add to a box for the perfect gift and ENJOY!