Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 45 minutes
¼ cup NESTLÉ Cremora Original
1 packet (50g) white onion soup powder
1 packet (500g) penne pasta
½ tsp each salt and pepper, to season (optional)
1 cup cooked and shredded chicken
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup mozzarella cheese
½ cup caramelised onions
Serving suggestion: Parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC on fan-assist.
2. Add the NESTLÉ Cremora Original, white onion soup powder, and 6 cups of boiling water to a 20x30cm baking dish with a lid and whisk until dissolved.
3. Add the penne pasta, optional salt and pepper, chicken, peas, ½ cup of cheese, and the caramelised onions. Stir until well combined. *Chef’s Tip: Alternatively, use any type of pasta if preferred!
4. Cover the dish and bake for 35 minutes or until the pasta is cooked. The bake should still be saucy. *Chef’s Tip: Baking the pasta in the sauce retains all the flavour!
5. Remove the dish from the oven and switch the oven to grill. Stir the pasta and sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of cheese over the bake. Add the dish back to the oven, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes until the cheese has melted and turned golden brown.
6. Once baked, sprinkle freshly chopped parsley over the dish, serve with a side salad, and ENJOY!