Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 50 minutes
500g uncooked beef mince
1 tbsp Hinds Spices Southern Grill All In One Seasoning
1 cup hard cheese
2 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tins (410g each) Rhodes Quality Chopped & Peeled Tomatoes
400g uncooked macaroni
1 tsp crushed garlic
1L Rhodes Quality Mango 100% Fruit Juice Blend
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C and lightly grease a medium-sized, 30x20cm baking dish with non-stick spray.
2. Add the beef mince, Hinds Spices Southern Grill All In One Seasoning and grate ½ cup of the hard cheese and mayonnaise into a large mixing bowl. Mix until well combined. *Chef’s Tip: The mayonnaise acts as a binder for the meatballs.
3. Scoop 1 tablespoon of the mince mixture into your hands and roll it into a meatball; repeat until you’ve used all the mince.
4. Place the meatballs into the baking dish and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the meatballs have browned and caramelised.
5. Once the meatballs are browned, remove the dish from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 180°C.
Add both tins of Rhodes Quality Chopped & Peeled Tomatoes, crushed garlic and uncooked pasta. *Chef’s Tip: Any quick-cooking vegetables can be added here.
6. Use one Rhodes Quality tin to measure a tin full of warm water and pour it into the baking dish.
7. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
8. Remove the bake from the oven and grate in ¼ cup of the remaining hard cheese before stirring it through. Garnish by grating the remaining ¼ cup of hard cheese and adding fresh basil.
9. Serve alongside a glass of the Rhodes Quality Mango 100% Fruit Juice Blend, and ENJOY!