Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 50 minutes
1 packet (50g) white onion soup powder
1 packet (500g) Fatti’s & Moni’s High Fibre Macaroni
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 tsp each salt and pepper, to season
2 cups cooked and sliced boerewors
3 cups milk
Serving suggestion: Parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Add the soup powder and 3 cups of boiling water to a 30x20cm baking dish with a lid and whisk until dissolved.
3. Add the Fatti’s & Moni’s High Fibre Macaroni, 1 cup of cheese, salt and pepper, boerewors, and milk to a 30x20cm and stir until combined. *Chef’s Tip: Baking the pasta in the sauce retains all the flavour!
4. Cover the dish with the lid and bake for 40 minutes until the pasta is al denté, and still saucy. *Chef’s Tip: Covering the pasta will ensure the dish cooks evenly!
5. Carefully remove the baking dish from the oven and remove the lid. Switch the oven to grill and increase the temperature to 220°C.
6. Stir the pasta until well combined with the sauce. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of cheese over the pasta.
7. Add the baking dish back to the oven, uncovered, and grill for 5-7 minutes until the cheese has melted and has lightly browned.
8. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley. Serve with a fresh side salad and ENJOY!