Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Hands-off time: 20 minutes
2 tins (300g each) Bull Brand Corned Meat Original
2 tbsp vegetable oil
½ onion, diced
2 tbsp Hinds Spices Mild & Spicy Curry Powder
1 tbsp cake flour
1 cup beef stock
1 tin (410g) Rhodes Quality Mixed Vegetables, drained
4 cups mashed potatoes, seasoned
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC on fan-assist.
2. On a clean chopping board, decant the Bull Brand Original Corned Meat and chop into small pieces. Set aside until needed. *Chef’s Tip: This makes for an affordable everyday dinner!
3. In a medium-sized oven-proof pan, add the oil, onion and corned meat. Sauté for 4-5 minutes on medium-high heat until lightly browned. *Chef’s Tip: If you don't have an oven-proof pan, decant into an oven-proof dish before baking!
4. Add the Hinds Spices Mild & Spicy Curry Powder and flour and sauté for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the beef stock and mixed vegetables and stir for 2-3 minutes until a thickened saucy gravy has formed.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and top the filling with the mashed potatoes, spreading evenly to form a flat surface. *Chef’s Tip: The perfect way to use leftover mashed potatoes!
6. Sprinkle the cheese over the mash and bake for about 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is golden brown.
7. Garnish the cottage pie with freshly chopped coriander, serve the with a fresh side salad and ENJOY!